You have many roofing options as a homeowner in Billerica, MA, and Action Roofing specializes in asphalt shingles installation. Installing asphalt shingles is a job that should be left to our professional roofing contractors. Asphalt roof shingles will give your roof a modern look at an affordable price. There are many advantages of choosing asphalt shingles for your home’s roof. You have plenty of options when you choose this beautiful roofing material. Whether your roof needs to be replaced or you’re having a new home built, our team would be happy to be your trusted residential roofing contractor. Learn more about asphalt shingles, and get in touch with us today to get your free estimate.
Just like any other roofing material, there are advantages and disadvantages of choosing asphalt shingles for your home’s roof. Learn more about the pros and cons of choosing asphalt shingles:
- Variety – Asphalt shingles come in a variety of styles, textures, and colors. Your new asphalt shingles can match the aesthetic of more expensive roofing materials. You’ll love your custom roof.
- Price – Asphalt shingles are the most affordable roofing solution, with no other roofing material being less expensive. Choose asphalt shingles for a cost-effective roofing material.
- Installation – Asphalt shingles are easy for our roofing professional to install because they are lightweight. This translates to affordable installation costs.
- Lifespan – Even though asphalt shingles don’t cost a lot, they will last a long time. The average lifespan of asphalt shingles can be up to 50 years when properly maintained.
- Noise – You’ll enjoy tranquility with your asphalt shingles because they damper external noise to make your home quieter.
- Wind – Asphalt shingles are able to withstand high winds to give you peace of mind.
- Fire – Your new asphalt shingles will offer superior protection against fires, with a Class A fire rating.
- Maintenance – Asphalt shingles are easy to maintain and require very little upkeep. This means they’ll save you money upfront and throughout the duration of your roof.
- Possible Disadvantages – When mentioning the advantages of asphalt shingle roofing, it’s only fair to also consider the potential disadvantages. Some reasons to consider other roofing materials are that asphalt shingles might be weak in sudden weather changes, can become damaged by hail or strong winds, can have reduced life expectancy due to a lack of attic ventilation, are not super environmentally friendly, and cannot be installed on flat or low slope roofs.
Just as there are plenty of roofing materials available for your home in Billerica, you also have multiple types of asphalt shingles from which to choose. Learn more about the three major categories of asphalt shingles:
- Three Tab Shingles – As the most lightweight roofing shingles on the market, strip shingles resemble slate with a very flat appearance on your roof line.
- Dimensional Shingles – Also known as architectural laminated shingles, dimensional shingles dominate the market as the most popular roofing shingles in North America. Dimensional shingles are dual or multi-layered.
- Premium Shingles – Homeowners who prefer a distinguished appearance can choose premium asphalt shingles. The design of these shingles can mimic natural slate or cedar shakes. Premium shingles are usually laminated and are more attractive with added functional benefits.
When considering roofing materials for your home, cost is one of the most critical factors. Asphalt shingle roofs are typically the most affordable roofing option for homeowners. A square of roofing shingles will cost much less, compared to cedar shakes or metal. Asphalt shingles are a cost-effective way to reroof your home. The team at Action Roofing would be happy to provide you with a free estimate.
If you’re looking for an experienced roofing company you can trust, you’ve come to the right place. As your local roofing specialists, Action Roofing is GAF Master Elite Certified. We provide comprehensive roofing services for home and business owners, including roofing installation, roof replacement, roof snow removal, gutter installation, and more. You can expect exceptional service from our shingle roof contractor. Contact us today to learn more or get your free estimate.